Amp up your skills to meet the demands of this rapidly-evolving industry. Get the technical knowledge and hands-on experience you need to tackle real-world challenges.
Upon completion of this Mobile Developer program, you can qualify for the following positions:
- Web Programmer
- Application Programmer
- Internet Site Designer
- iPhone Programmer
- Android Programmer/Developer
Employers Who Have Hired triOS Grads
- Ad Films
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
- Cyberteks Design
- Department of National Defence – Atlantic
- FPM3 Marketing
- National Research Council
- Philip & Henry Productions
- Stream International Canada LNC
- TNP Group
- Tech Alliance
*Employment Rate based on 2021 contactable triOS graduates employed in a related field within 12 months.
NOC Code: 2173/21231, 2174/21232, and 21234/2175 - **Wage data based on NOC Code 2174 and rounded down to the nearest dollar. Average wage doesn't reflect the starting salary but represents the middle value between lowest to highest wages. Local (or regional) income may vary. Last updated in Jan 2024.
If you are looking for a high-paying, in-demand, and challenging job in the fast-paced software development industry, then enrolling in triOS College’s Mobile Developer program should be your starting point.
This intense 62-week program consists of a full suite of development technologies and topics such as design, front-end and back-end web development, Android mobile development, and iOS mobile development. Mixed with a meticulously-designed curriculum, it uses a real-world, hands-on approach to help you develop the industry-grade logic and problem-solving skills you need. These will assist you in mastering software development using modern tools, processes, and frameworks.
Students enrolled in this program will receive:
- a registered and approved diploma
- a 12-week internship for hands-on experience
- practice tests (where applicable)
- job search assistance
- career services
- alumni program benefits
- three certification exam vouchers*
Below is a list of core technologies, tools, and methodologies that you’ll work with in this program:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD)
- Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and Apple Xcode
- HTML and CSS
- Fedora and Ubuntu Linux
- Git and GitHub
- Agile, SCRUM, and Kanban practices
- Java, Kotlin (Android), and Swift (iOS)
*The courses within the program relate to four industry certification exams leading to the following designations, which are frequently used as a benchmark for hiring:
- Adobe Photoshop ACA
- Adobe Illustrator ACA
- Oracle Java Associate
- Google Associate Android Developer
You will be provided with three certification exam vouchers to write the certifications you wish to pursue.
HTML and CSS
Linux Web Hosting and Wordpress
Mobile Developer Internship
Student Success Strategies
Version Control and Collaboration
- have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- be at least 18 years old when or before the program begins AND pass a qualifying test that has been approved by the Superintendent.* (The approved qualifying test for this program is the Wonderlic test with a passing score of 20.)
* If you’re applying from other Canadian provinces, you must:
- be at least 19 years old,
- be out of high school for at least 1 year when the program starts, and
- successfully pass an academic achievement test.
Please contact us for more details regarding admissions requirements if you are an international student.
The staff members are very nice and helpful. My counselor helped me a lot to make the right choice and made sure that my sign-up and integration process was smooth.